This document covers the following topics:
- What is meant by 'Trust' within Trades Wallet?
- Partial Trust
- Full Trust
- How is Trust established?
- Is Trust automatically reciprocated?
- Can Trust be revoked?
- Is there a cost associated with 'Full Trust'?
What is meant by 'Trust' within Trades Wallet?
Establishing 'Trust' relationships with other organizations within the Trades Wallet Community helps to build your network and allows your organization to maximize the benefits Trades Wallet has to offer.
By granting 'Trust', you allow other organizations within the community to search for and view Trades Wallets you own. Additional privileges will be assigned based on the level of trust granted.
Organizations who have been granted 'Partial Trust' have the ability within the Web Application to search for Wallets owned and managed by your Trusted partners.
Admins from an organization with 'Partial Trust' can complete limited actions against the wallets, including creating / receiving a 'Pre-Qualification' record, or create card 'Acceptance'.
In addition to the privileges associated with 'Partial Trust', granting an organization 'Full Trust' allows that organization the authority to 'add' and/or 'manage' Cards within Wallets owned by your organizations portfolio.
How is Trust Established?
Trust can currently be granted from within the system but cannot yet be requested. This will require external communication with the Union or organization you wish to view Wallets from, or you can instead contact Trades Wallet support to facilitate.
- Navigate to the 'Settings' Tab.
- Select the 'Trusted' Tab from within the Settings secondary navigation bar.
- Search for an organization within the search bar or, select the blue 'Click Here' button to populate a list of organizations your organization has previously marked as 'Trusted'.
- Click on the name of the organization to view their organization details, and select the blue 'Grant Trust' button.
- Select the level of trust you wish to grant, and complete the transaction by clicking the blue 'Trust' button.
Is Trust automatically reciprocated?
No, granting another organization trust does not imply that this trust is reciprocated. If they so choose, the organization will need to grant your organization trusted status in return.
Furthermore, the level of trust granted between organizations does not need to be equal. While you may grant another organization 'Full Trust', they have the option to grant you either 'Partial' or 'Full' trust in return.
Can Trust be revoked?
Yes, your established 'Trust' settings can be updated or removed at any time.
- Follow the steps above to locate your Trusted organization from within the 'Trust' tab.
- Select the red 'Remove Trust' button. You will be asked to confirm your selection, as once revoked, the organization will no longer have access to view or edit cards.
- Select the red 'Remove' button.
Please note: Once revoked, the organization will no longer have access to view or edit Cards using the Web Application, however, they will still be able to view Cards within Wallets owned by your organization using the Trades Wallet 'Field Scanner' application.
Additionally, once revoked, any Cards, or set of Cards within a Wallet, that were 'Transferred' to that organization for management will fall back within the original administration (the Wallet owner).
Is there a cost associated with granting Trust?
Additional Charges may apply when your organization grants 'Full Trust' to another member of the Trades Wallet Community.
By granting full trust to another organization within the Trades Wallet Community, you are providing them with the ability to add Cards to Wallets you own. As such, there will be an incremental cost per every active Wallet that a new Card is added to by a Trusted organization.
For more information on incremental pricing, please contact Trades Wallet Support.