This FAQ covers the following topics:
- What are 'Courses'?
- Why link a 'Course' to a Card
- Link a 'Course' to an existing Card within a Wallet
- Upcoming Classes
- Classes via the Self Service app
What are 'Courses'?
One thing you can do to make administering cards owned by your organization more efficient is to create ‘Courses’ on offer, or recommended, by your organization.
Why link a 'Course' to a Card?
By associating a ‘Course’ to a specific card within a Trades Wallet, any 'Classes' that have been defined for that ‘Course’ will appear for review within the Self Service app. In this way, a Wallet holder can review the available classes and courses that, upon successful completion, would result in the recertification of ones credentials.
For more information on creating 'Courses' within Trades Wallet, click here.
Link a 'Course' to an existing Card within a Wallet
To associate a 'Course' with an existing Card within a Wallet will first necessitate you navigate to the relevant Wallet from within the Web Admin Portal.
Navigate to the Trades Wallet
- Use the 'Global Search Bar' to search for a relevant Wallet using the 'Name' or 'ID' of the Wallet in question.
For more information about 'Searching' for a Wallet within Trades Wallet, click here.
- By default, you will be on the 'Account' tab of the relevant Wallet. Select the 'Cards' tab:
- Within the 'Cards' sub-section you will be presented with a listing of all 'Public' cards and credentials within the relevant wallet, listed in alphabetical order:
NOTE: Any 'Private' cards added to the Wallet by the Wallet holder will not be displayed within the Web Admin Portal. For more information on 'Private' cards, click here.
- Select a 'Card' entry to view its details page:
- Scroll down the card details page until you reach the subsection entitled: 'Course'.
If a 'Course' has been associated to the Card, it will be displayed as such:
Remove a Course from a Card
- To remove a 'Course' from a Card, select the (blue) 'Clear' button:
NOTE: If you have removed a 'Course' in error, simply select the 'Undo' link.
Add a new 'Course' to the Card
- To add a 'Course' to the Card, simply type the name of the 'Course' into the search bar provided, OR select the 'Click Here' link to return a listing of all courses that have been established for your organization:
- Select the relevant 'Course' from the list provided:
- You will be presented with the details for the relevant 'Course'. Click the (blue) 'Select' button to complete the association of the 'Course' to the Card:
You should note that in associating the 'Course' to the Card, any 'Classes' that have been scheduled for the 'Course' will be presented:
Select an entry to view it in greater detail:
Here you will be presented with the (read-only) details of the Course and Class. You will also note a (blue) 'Open External Link' button. Selecting this will navigate you to the external site that manages this course (if using a third-party course management system):
Classes via the Self Service App
Once a 'Course' has been associated to a Card, the Wallet holder will be presented with the SAME listing of 'Classes' relevant to a course on offer, or recommended by, your organization.
For more information about the Wallet holders experience renewing their Cards from the Self Service app, click here.