This FAQ covers the following topics:
- What is 'Fill In Card Details'?
- Add New Card via 'Fill In Details'
- Card Images
- Fill In Card Details
- Why associate a Course to a Card?
What is 'Fill in Card Details'?
You can add a new Card entry on behalf of a Wallet holder by selecting the 'Fill In Card Details' option. You can select the relevant card images from your desktop, then fill in the appropriate details of the card, such that when you are finished, the card will be immediately available within the Trades Wallet.
Add a 'New Card' via 'Fill In Card Details'
- Navigate to the Wallet you wish to add a new 'Card' to.
For more information about locating a Wallet, click here.
NOTE: For more information on how to 'Search for a Trades Wallet', click here.
- Select the Wallet from the grid of results returned then select the 'Cards' tab. Scroll to the 'Cards' listing and select the (green) 'New' button:
- This will result in the 'New Card' form to appear:
You can include images of the card or certification this entry is based on from the Web Admin Portal, however, this will necessitate that the relevant card images are saved to a network or desktop file in either a JPEG or PNG format.
NOTE: If you are unable to access the relevant card images from your desktop, you can log into the Web Admin Portal from a mobile device, such as a SmartPhone or tablet and complete a 'Quick Submission'.
NOTE: Images are not required in order to complete the entry of a new 'Card'. To add a new 'Card' entry without the associated card images, skip to 'Fill In Card Details'.
Add a Card Image
- Select the (blue) 'Add Card Front Image' button:
- This will result in a file dialogue window to appear, from which you can select the relevant 'Card Image' from your desktop:
NOTE: If accessing the Web Admin Portal from a mobile device such a SmartPhone or tablet, you will instead be presented with options to select from the 'Cameral Roll' of the device or to launch the 'Camera' to take a picture.
- The image selected will be presented within a 'Photo Crop' window, where you can edit the image as needed. Select the (blue) 'Crop & Save' button to apply the updates:
NOTE: You are not able to 'Mask' (or redact) portions of the Card Image from the Quick Submission process. Images can only be 'Masked' using the Self Service app.
- Repeat the steps above to add a second image, if required.
Fill In Card Details
- Select the (green) 'Fill In Card Details' button:
- You will be presented with a pop-up window where you can begin to populate the details of the relevant card:
If you have upload images with this card entry they will be displayed on the left. You can use the 'Front' and 'Back' buttons to toggle between the (2) images:
- Begin to populate the details of the 'Card' using the fields on the right.
If your Union or organization has established 'Courses' within Trades Wallet, enter the name of the relevant 'Course' within the field provided. As you type, Trades Wallet will search within the system for all potential matches:
- Select the 'Course' from the list provided.
By adding a 'Course' to the card, the relevant 'Card Mapping' will automatically be associated, and the 'Title' will be pre-populated with the Course name:
NOTE: You can edit/remove the pre-populated fields as needed.
Why associate a Course to a Card?
When associating a 'Course' to a 'Card' you are linking the entry with the associated course required to renew the certification once expired. This can be courses on offer by your own Union or organization, or that of a recommended training provider.
Additionally, any upcoming 'Classes' that have been defined for the relevant course will be displayed to the Wallet holder directly from their Self Service app.
For more information about 'Courses', click here.
- If you associated a 'Course' above, the 'Card Mapping' field will be pre-populated with the mapping that has been previously associated to the 'Course'.
You can remove the mapping by selecting the 'X':
To add a new 'Card Mapping' to the card, enter the name of the relevant 'Card Mapping' within the field provided. As you type, Trades Wallet will search within the system for all potential matches from you to choose from:
NOTE: For more information about 'Card Mappings', click here.
- If you associated a 'Course' above, the 'Title' field will be pre-populated with the name of the Course, OR, if the 'Course' has been tied to a 'Card Mapping' the mapping name will be listed instead.
You can edit the 'Title' as required:
Next you have the option to fill in the 'Card Number' associated with the certification:
- Use the calendar controls to enter the 'Issued Date', and optionally, the 'Expires Date':
- Finally, use the 'Comments' field to enter any relevant details you feel are pertinent to the certification you are about to add to the Trades Wallet:
- Select the (blue) 'Create' button to complete the entry of the card to the Trades Wallet. This card will be immediately available within the 'Cards' tab of the Wallet, and will be displayed to any admins scanning the Wallet via the Field Scanner app.