This FAQ covers the following topics:
- What is 'Public Kiosk Mode'?
- What is 'Guided Access'?
- Set Up 'Guided Access' (iOS)
- Enable 'Public Kiosk Mode'
- Automatic Sign Out
- Manual Sign Out
What is 'Public Kiosk Mode'?
If you wish to make the Trades Wallet Self Service app available on a public tablet or device, such that employees can access the app to manage their cards and credentials, you can enable 'Public Kiosk Mode'.
Public Kiosk Mode is intended to ensure that the Self Service application automatically 'Signs Out' of a Wallet's profile when the application has been idle for a specified period of time.
What is 'Guided Access?'
Additionally, if using an Apple device within a public space, you can also turn on the 'Guided Access' mode from within your iOS. Guided Access allows you to limit the device to a single application, and lets you control what features are available.
NOTE: There are third party apps available from the Google Play Store that offer similar functionality for those who wish to use an Android device.
Set Up Guided Access (iOS)
- Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access
- Turn Guided Access ON.
- Set a Passcode that will be used to prevent an unauthorized user from disabling Guided Access, and gaining access to the public device.
- Open the Self Service App.
- Click on the Home button 3 times.
- Adjust the settings for the session and select the Start button.
Enable 'Public Kiosk Mode'
- Open the Self Service app from the public device you wish to use.
- Select the 'Privacy' button button (top right).
- Scroll down the page until you reach the subsection entitled: 'Public Kiosk Mode'.
Before enabling 'Public Kiosk Mode', you must first select a length of time you wish the public device to be inactive for, before the Self Service app automatically signs out.
You can select either 5 mins or 10 mins respectively.
- Tap on the switch to enable the 'Public Kiosk Mode'.
- You will be prompted to enter a 4-digit PIN.
This PIN is used to prevent an unauthorized user from disabling Kiosk Mode, and gaining access to the public device.
Automatic Sign Out
Once the 'Public Kiosk Mode' is enabled, the Self Service app will alert when it has been left 'Signed In' by a wallet holder but is inactive for the period of time identified.
If the application is still in use by a Wallet holder, they will have the option to extend their session by selecting 'Yes' from within the dialogue window when prompted.
Manual Self Service Sign Out
Alternatively, a Wallet can manually sign out of the application in 'Public Kiosk Mode' by selecting the 'Sign Out' button.