This document covers the following topics:
A profile picture is one of the most important means of authentication within Trades Wallet, used to confirm that the Wallet presented belongs to the Tradesperson in question.
The steps required to complete a Profile Submission are listed below. You can also watch a short tutorial video on the 'Self Service' App here.
When SIGNING IN to the Self Service app for the FIRST time, a Wallet holder will be immediately prompted to upload a current 'Profile Image' to their Wallet profile.
NOTE: This step is mandatory and must be completed in order to access the rest of the application’s options.
- Upon 'Signing In' to the Self Service app, the Wallet holder will be presented with the following 'Welcome!' page.
Select the (blue) 'Get Started' button to initiate the process of creating a Self Service profile:
- As a means of authenticating the Trades Wallet, the initial profile submission from within the Self-Service application will require the Wallet holder to upload a photo of a valid piece of 'Government ID' (i.e. your Driver's License).
NOTE: The type of ID required is determined by the Union or organization who owns the Trades Wallet.
Why Take a picture of your photo ID?The ID is used by an administrator, assigned by the Union or organization who owns the Trades Wallet, to verify the profile picture against a piece of ID that only the Wallet holder would have.
Once verified, the ID will be removed from the system.
- Select the 'Add Image' button to launch the camera.
Holding the phone in 'Landscape Mode' (horizontally), use the camera to take a photo of the Government ID:
NOTE: Use the image overlay to line up the card within the viewer.
- If the image is good, select the 'Accept' button OR select 'Retake' to launch the camera and take a new picture.
Alternatively, should a Wallet holder wish to redact (or mask) a portion of their Government issued ID for privacy, select the 'Mask Photo' option.
NOTE: The Government ID is used by an administrator, assigned by the Union or organization that owns the Wallet to confirm identity. As such, leave the 'Full Name' and image clear of any markings.
For more information about 'Masking' an image, click here.
- Once the photo has been 'Accepted', select the 'Next Step' button:
- Select the 'Add Image' button again to launch your camera.
Use the camera to take a picture of to be used for your profile.
NOTE: This is the image that will be presented to potential employers. As such, ensure the image is clear and that you are the only identifiable person in the frame.
Will this change your profile picture immediately?Yes, however, your profile picture will be marked as 'Pending' until your submission has been reviewed and approved by an administrator assigned by your Union or organization:
- If you are happy with the image, select the 'Accept' button. Alternatively, select the 'Retake' button to activate the camera again.
NOTE: You cannot 'Mask' any portion of your Profile Picture. For more information about 'Masking' a Card within the Self Service app, click here.
- Once you are happy with your Profile Picture, select the (blue) 'Submit for Review' button.
This will send your uploaded images to your Trades Wallet admin to review, during which time the profile image will appear within the Self Service app with a 'Pending' banner, indicating it is currently under review.
NOTE: You will not be able to submit a new profile picture while your current picture is awaiting approval.
Verify Email Address
Once you've hit the 'Submit for Review' button, you'll be directed to the 'Email Address' page.
Having a 'Verified' Email address associated to your Trades Wallet profile provides you with additional security when 'Signing In' to the Self Service application and unlocks additional functionality for managing cards within your Wallet.
For more information, click here.