This document covers the following topics:
- What is Trades Wallet
- How does Trades Wallet work?
- What types of credentials does Trades Wallet track?
- How do I 'Get Started' with Trades Wallet?
If you're reading this, your Union or organization has created a Trades Wallet on your behalf - Welcome!
What is Trades Wallet?
Trades Wallet is an online certification management system designed to manage the various credentials an organization needs to verify their workforce is trained and qualified.
How does Trades Wallet work?
Think of Trades Wallet as a secure online repository filled with your organizations membership information. Within this repository, the credentials for their entire workforce is catalogued into individual 'Wallets', unique to each member or employee.
Each 'virtual Wallet' contains the cards and certifications the member or employee has earned and would be required to present to potential employers.
Self Service App
As a 'Wallet holder', you can upload and manage your various certification and safety credentials in the cloud - where they can be accessed - and shared - from anywhere, at any time, via our mobile 'Self Service' app.
NOTE: The 'Self Service' app is FREE to download and works on both iOS and Android devices.
Using the mobile 'Self Service' app, a Wallet holder can:
- Present their personal 'QR Code' to be scanned;
- Review the current 'Card(s)' within their Wallet;
- Submit new 'Card(s)' for review;
- Receive notification(s) when a 'Card' within their Wallet is approaching expiry;
- Receive notification(s) when a 'Training Request' has been issued for a potential employment opportunity;
- Sign Up/Register for 'Courses' that are on offer, or recommended by your organization
For more information on the Self-Service Application, click HERE.
Web Admin Portal (Office Admins)
Unions and organizations can utilize the functionality of the Trades Wallet Web Admin Portal to ensure their workforce is trained and qualified for the jobs their employees are being dispatched to.
The portal (www.tradeswallet.com) is designated for use by office administrators, responsible for managing the day to day operations of Trades Wallet for their organization. Within the Web Admin Portal, an admin can:
- Search for Wallets
- Create NEW Wallets (Enterprise only)
- View Card details
- Pre-Qualify Employees for dispatch to a job site
- Manage Skills Evaluations
For more information on the Trades Wallet Web Application and its functionality, click HERE.
Field Scanner Application (Worksite Admins)
The best way to review a Wallet holders various safety credentials and certifications from within a Trades Wallet, while out in the field, is with the Trades Wallet 'Field Scanner' app.
Also FREE to download, this app has been designed specifically to provide admins a means with which to view the contents of a relevant Trades Wallet while out in the field.
Once signed in to the 'Field Scanner' app, admins will be able to complete the following actions:
- Review the current 'Card(s)' within the Wallet;
- View and/or provide “verification of authenticity” for the 'Card(s)';
- Review, or add a new 'Skill Evaluation';
- Link multiple Trades Wallets.
For more information on the Field Scanner Application, click HERE.
What types of credentials does Trades Wallet track?
Trades Wallet has been designed to store, track and manage any and all types of credentials, from safety cards to trades certificates.
If you 'Sign In' using a verified email, you can even upload 'Private Cards' to be tracked. For more information about 'Private Cards', click HERE.
'Get Started' with Trades Wallet
If you have not yet received a 'Welcome Email' from Trades Wallet, please contact your Union or organization to request this be sent.
For more information about getting started using your Trades Wallet profile, click HERE.
Article is closed for comments.