This document covers the following topics:
- Types of Cards/Certifications
- View Card Images
- Masked Details
- Reject Submission
- View Existing Cards
- Update with Submission Images
- Fill In Card Details
Tradespeople are encouraged to use the mobile 'Self Service' app to manage the contents of their Trades Wallet. Directly from the app, your members or employees can upload images of any new Cards or certifications they would like to see included in their Wallet profile.
Types of Cards/Certifications
When uploading images via the Self Service app, a Tradesperson is in complete control of how much information they share with the Trades Wallet Community:
Public Cards: Cards or certifications that are required to be presented to your Union or organization, or a potential employer.
- Masked Photos: Tradespeople may choose to 'Mask' (or redact) details that they deem sensitive or private during the submission process from the Self Service app (i.e. the address listed on their Government Issued ID).
For more information on 'Masked' images, click here.
- Private Cards: Tradespeople may wish to keep a card or certification within their Wallet completely 'Private'. A card that is marked 'Private' within a Wallet is not shared with the Trades Wallet Community unless expressly directed by the Tradesperson from within their app.
For more information on 'Private Cards', click here.
View Card Images
- Navigate to the 'Submissions' page and select an entry from the list of results returned:
NOTE: For more information on how to 'Access Your Pending Submissions', click here.
- Select the relevant 'Card' submission from the list provided:
- Here, you will be presented with 'Images' of the physical Card or Certificate being proposed:
- Select the (blue) 'Edit' button to view the image in greater detail, or to edit the way the image is displayed:
- Within the 'Photo Crop' window, you can zoom in and/or rotate for an optimal fit. To save the card, select the 'Crop & Save' button:
When uploading images via the Self Service app, the Tradesperson is in complete control of how much information they share with the Trades Wallet Community.Tradespeople may choose to 'Mask' (or redact) details that they deem sensitive or private during the submission process from the Self Service app.
While 'Masking' is intended to allow Tradespeople to hide sensitive details, there must be enough relevant information displayed for you to confirm the information presented on the Card (i.e. Issued/Expiry Date).
NOTE: For more information on 'Masked Details', click here.
- Upon review of the Card images, you now have three (3) options:
- Reject the Submission
- View Existing Cards
- Fill In Card Details
If the images are unclear, or do not meet the requirements outlined by your organization, they should be rejected.
- Select the (red) 'Reject' button:
- This will result in a dialogue window to appear, where you will be required to provide a brief justification pertaining to why the Card image is insufficient:
NOTE: This message will be presented to the Tradesperson from within their Self Service app. For more information on 'Rejected' submissions, click here.
View Existing Cards
Prior to updating the details of a submitted Card, you may want to check the existing cards within the Wallet to validate whether the submitted card images are:
- Intended to replace the images associated to an existing active card;
- Intended to replace an expired card within the Wallet
- Select the (green) 'View Existing Cards' button:
- This will open up a view into the current 'Cards' tab of the wallet:
NOTE: Previously 'Archived Cards' will not be included in this view.
- From here, you can identify if an existing Card within the Wallet should be 'Archived' per the completion of the new submission OR if an existing Card should have its images updated with the images contained within the new submission.
Archive Card EntryThe 'Archive' functionality is used as a means of maintaining expired or otherwise irrelevant Cards within a Trades Wallet for historical purposes, while removing them from the primary card display view of a Trades Wallet.
For more information on 'Archiving' a Card, click here.
Update with Submission Images:If the Card or certification you are processing contains an image, or set of images, that are relevant to an existing card within the Wallet, you can update the existing card with images contained within the submission.
For more information on 'Updating Card Image(s)', click here.
Fill In Card Details
- If the Card images are sufficient to create a new card entry, select the (blue) 'Fill In Card Details' button:
- You will be presented with a 'Fill In Card Details' window where you will use the images on the left to populate the relevant Card Details within the form on the right:
NOTE: You can switch between the Card images by selecting the 'Front' and 'Back' buttons accordingly.
- Begin to populate the details of the 'Card' using the fields on the right.
If your Union or organization has established 'Courses' within Trades Wallet, enter the name of the relevant 'Course' within the field provided. As you type, Trades Wallet will search within the system for all potential matches:
- Select the 'Course' from the list provided.
By adding a 'Course' to the card, the relevant 'Card Mapping' will automatically be associated, and the 'Title' will be pre-populated with the Course name:
NOTE: You can edit/remove the pre-populated fields as needed.
Why associate a Course to a Card?
When associating a 'Course' to a 'Card' you are linking the entry with the associated course required to renew the certification once expired. This can be courses on offer by your own Union or organization, or that of a recommended training provider.
Additionally, any upcoming 'Classes' that have been defined for the relevant course will be displayed to the Wallet holder directly from their Self Service app.
For more information about 'Courses', click here.
- If you associated a 'Course' above, the 'Card Mapping' field will be pre-populated with the mapping that has been previously associated to the 'Course'.
You can remove the mapping by selecting the 'X':
To add a new 'Card Mapping' to the card, enter the name of the relevant 'Card Mapping' within the field provided. As you type, Trades Wallet will search within the system for all potential matches from you to choose from:
NOTE: For more information about 'Card Mappings', click here.
- If you associated a 'Course' above, the 'Title' field will be pre-populated with the name of the Course, OR, if the 'Course' has been tied to a 'Card Mapping' the mapping name will be listed instead.
You can edit the 'Title' as required:
- Next you have the option to fill in the 'Card Number' associated with the certification:
- Next is the 'Issued' and 'Expires' dates:
If these dates were entered by the Tradesperson during the submission process, the dates will be pre-populated within the details form.
NOTE: It is imperative that an administrator verify the dates entered against the dates listed on the image of the physical card or certification this entry is based on.
If the dates were not entered by the Tradesperson, you will need to use the calendar control to manually update the relevant dates:
- Finally, use the 'Comments' field to enter any relevant details you feel are pertinent to the certification you are about to add to the Trades Wallet:
- Select the (blue) 'Create' button to complete the entry of the card to the Trades Wallet. This card will be immediately available within the 'Cards' tab of the Wallet, and will be displayed to any admins scanning the Wallet via the Field Scanner app:
- You will be returned to the Submissions listing for the relevant member: