This FAQ covers the following topics:
What is a Profile Picture?
A Trades Wallet’s profile image is one of the most important means of authentication within Trades Wallet, used to confirm that the Wallet presented belongs to the Tradesperson in question.
A 'Profile Picture' can be established within Trades Wallet one of two ways:
- Member submission via the Self Service application.
For more information on the Self Service submission process, click here.
- Manually via the Web Admin Portal.
Set a 'Profile Picture' from the Web Admin Portal
Administrators can update the Profile Picture for a Tradesperson whose Wallet is owned and managed by their own Union or organization directly from the Web Admin Portal.
NOTE: This necessitates that the image is available to upload from your desktop, or mobile device.
Navigate to a Wallet
- Enter the 'Name' or 'ID Number' of the member or employee you'd like to review into the search bar:
- As you type, Trades Wallet will search within the system for Wallets that best match your query.
Edit Wallet Details
- Select the entry from the grid of results returned to view their details. By default, you will be on the 'Account' tab.
- Scroll down the Account Details page until you reach the subsection entitled: 'Profile Picture'.
To upload a Profile Photo, select the (blue) 'Set Photo' button:
- This will result in a file dialogue to appear from which you can select an image from your desktop:
Alternatively, if you are logging into the Web Admin Portal from a mobile device, such as a Smart phone or tablet, selecting the 'Set Photo' button will allow the user to either launch the 'Camera' function or select an image from the 'Photo Library'.
- The image will be presented within a 'Photo Crop' window where you can adjust the image for an optimal fit.
Select the 'Crop and Save' button to apply the image to the Wallet:
Re-Set a Profile Picture
Should you need to reset a Profile Picture for any reason, such that the image reverts to the default 'blank silhouette', necessitating the Wallet holder re-submit their profile picture and government ID via the Self Service application, this can be accomplished from within the 'Account Details' for the relevant Wallet.
For more information, click here.