This FAQ covers the following topics:
You are in complete control of how much information you share with the Trades Wallet Community:
Public Cards: Cards or certifications that are required to be presented to a potential employer.
For more information on uploading a 'Public' card to your Wallet, click here.
- Mask a Photo: If you deem the information contained on a relevant card sensitive, or private, you may choose to 'Mask' those details (i.e. the address listed on your Government Issued ID).
For more information on redacting sensitive information on an image, click here.
- Private Cards: You may wish to keep a card or certification completely 'Private' - visible only to you. A card that is marked 'Private' within a Wallet is not shared with the Trades Wallet Community unless expressly directed by you.
Mark an existing Card 'Private'
Below are the details of marking an existing card within the Wallet 'Private'.
- Select the 'Cards' tab from the Wallets main menu:
- Select the relevant 'Card' you would like to make 'Private':
- Within the 'Card Details', scroll to the 'Management' section of the Wallet and select the 'Privacy' navigation:
- You will arrive on the 'Privacy' page. From here, you can indicate whether or not you would like this card to be marked 'Private':
What do you mean by 'Private'?'Private' cards are visible only within your Self Service profile. They will not be shared with the Union or organization that own or manage your Trades Wallet, nor any employers who scan your unique QR Code on a job site.
- Select the 'Mark Card Private' navigator:
- You arrive on the 'Confirmation' page:
NOTE: Once a Card has been marked 'Private' it cannot be unmarked. To share a 'Private' card with the Trades Wallet community will require the Card to be re-submitted as a 'Public' card.
BE AWARE: If the existing card within your Wallet is being used by a member of the Trades Wallet to qualify you for a potential employment opportunity, marking a card 'Private' could interfere with that qualification.
Trades Wallet will advise as such and it will be up to you to decide whether to continue:
- Select the (blue) 'Mark Card Private' button:
- The card will now be marked 'Private':
- Back within the main cards listing, it will appear within your listing of cards with the following icon:
Make a New 'Private' card submission
Alternatively, you can add a new 'Private' card to your Trades Wallet Profile via the Submission process.
For information on how to upload a new 'Private' card to your Wallet, click here.