This FAQ covers the following topics:
- Why include an Email Address?
- Benefits of a Verified Email Address
- Updating a Verified Email Address
Why include an Email Address?
While including an Email Address is optional when creating a Wallet from within the Web Admin portal, it is strongly encouraged as it provides the Wallet holder will valuable functionality, including:
- Welcome Email - The Trades Wallet 'Welcome Email' contains essential information assist the Wallet Holder 'Get Started' with Trades Wallet.
To find out more about the 'Welcome Email', click here.
- Card Status Notifications - Wallet holders will receive Email notifications 60-days in advance when a card, or set of cards, within their wallet is about to expire.
For more information on 'Notifications', click here.
- Self Service App Functionality - Wallet holders can 'verify' the address associated to their profile to provide additional security when 'Signing In' to the Self Service application and to unlock additional functionality for managing cards within your Wallet.
Benefits of a Verified Email?
Having a 'Verified' Email address associated to a Trades Wallet profile provides the Wallet holder with additional security when 'Signing In' to the Self Service application and unlocks additional functionality for managing cards within their Wallet.
How does it make things more secure?
With a 'Verified' Email Address established, a Wallet holder will be prompted to confirm their identity via Email during the 'Sign In' process. This verification will ensure that they, and only they, are able to view the contents of their Trades Wallet from the Self Service app.
Having a 'Verified' Email Address will also enable a Wallet holder to have more control over the information they share with the Trades Wallet Community:
- Private Cards: Wallet holders may wish to keep a card or certification completely 'Private' - visible only to themselves via the Self Service app. A card that is marked 'Private' within a Wallet is not shared with the Trades Wallet Community unless expressly directed by the Wallet holder.
For more information on how 'Private' cards are added to a Trades Wallet, click here.
- Mask a Photo: If a Wallet holder deems the information contained within a relevant entry sensitive, or private, they may choose to 'Mask' these details (i.e. the address listed on their Government Issued ID).
For more information on how images are 'Masked' within a Trades Wallet, click here.
Updating a Verified Email Address
Once an Email Address has been 'Verified' by the Wallet holder via the Self Service app, it can no longer be modified by an Admin using the Web Admin Portal.
Any update to an existing 'Verified Email Address' will need to be made by the Wallet holder via the Self Service app.
For more information on how a Wallet holder can update their 'Verified Email Address', click here.