This document covers the following topics:
- What do you mean 'renew' my Card?
- How will I be notified my Card is about to expire?
- Review Classes via the Self Service app
- How does my Card get added to my Wallet?
What do you mean 'renew' my Card?
If you have a Card or certification within your Wallet that is approaching the end of its validity term you can review any upcoming classes for a Course on offer, or recommended, by your organization that upon the successful completion would result in the recertification of your credential.
If your organization provides in-house training, or if they have recommended training providers linked through Trades Wallet, you can view and even sign up for upcoming classes directly from your Trades Wallet profile.
How will I be notified when my 'Cards' are going to expire?
Trades Wallet tracks each card entry within a Wallet by its 'Issued' and 'Expires' dates and will alert the Wallet holder 60-days in advance of a Card entry reaching the end of its validity term. This is true for both 'Public' and 'Private' card entries.
- Via Self Service App - If using the Trades Wallet Self Service app, you will receive notifications to any mobile device to which you have the app downloaded. You can review a listing of upcoming classes from within the 'Card Details' page that upon successful completion will result in the recertification of your credential.
NOTE: You will be asked to allow 'Push' notifications during the setup of your Trades Wallet Self Service profile.
- Via Email - If you have an Email Address associated to your Trades Wallet profile you will be notified via email. You can select the relevant link associated to an available 'Class' that upon successful completion will result in the recertification of your credential.
For more information about 'Notifications', click here.
Renew Classes via the Self Service App
If your organization provides in-house training, or if they have recommended training providers linked through Trades Wallet, you can view any upcoming classes for any relevant 'Course(s)' via your Trades Wallet Profile.
- From the Home Page of the Trades Wallet Self Service app, select the 'Cards' tab:
- Here, you will be presented with a listing of Cards within your Wallet. Select the relevant entry from the listing provided within the 'Cards' section.
NOTE: 'Expired' and 'Expiring' cards are indicated with the appropriate icons.
- Select the 'Classes' navigator
- From here, you can review a listing of 'Classes' that have been scheduled for a relevant 'Course' on offer, or recommended by, your organization.
To learn more about who's offering the 'Classes', select the (blue) 'Who's offering these classes?' link.
Trades Wallet facilitates the presentation of both 'physical' and 'online' classes relevant to the 'Courses' on offer by your organization.
- Select the option entitled 'Online'.
- You can view the details of the 'Class' here:
- Tap the (blue) 'Sign Up' button to be directed to the external site that manages the 'Course'.
If the 'Classes' on offer must be attended in person (not online) you will see a listing of available dates and times listed:
- Select a relevant time/date from the listing provided:
- Again, you will note the details of the class listed in the top section.
Tap the (blue) 'Sign Up' button to be directed to the external site that manages the 'Course'.
NOTE: If your organization has integrated with a third-party course management system, you can register for the 'Course' without having to enter any additional information.
Review Classes via Email
If you have associated your Trades Wallet profile to an email address, Trades Wallet will send you an email 60-days prior to let you know which Card(s) within your Wallet are about to expire.
Within the Email you should note instructional verbiage stating the title of the 'Card' within the Wallet that is due to expire, along with the relevant expiry date.
You will be provided with links relevant to available 'Classes' that upon the successful completion would result in the recertification of the credential.
How does my Card get added to my Wallet?
When renewing your credentials, it is essential that your new 'Cards' are uploaded to your Trades Wallet profile.
In House Training
If your organization manages 'Course' offerings you may find that your successful 'Card' image is automatically uploaded into your Trades Wallet profile. This necessitates that your organization has integrated with Trades Wallet and utilizes the 'Class Completion' functionality.
Please contact your Trades Wallet administrator to enquire whether your 'Course' credentials will be automatically added to your profile.
If your organization has integrated their Learning Management software with Trades Wallet, or if you completed training via the Trades Wallet Online store, your successful certificate may be automatically added to your Wallet profile by way of the 'Class Completion' process.
New Card Submission
Alternatively, you have the option to submit images of your successful 'Card' or certification via the mobile Self Service app.
For more information about 'Card' submissions, click here.