This document covers the following topics:
- Step 1 - Review Card Images
- Masked Details
- Reject Submission
- Step 2 - View Existing Wallet
- Training Requests
- Existing Cards
- Update with Submission Images
- Archive an existing 'Card'
- Step 3 - Fill In Card Details
Tradespeople are encouraged to use the mobile 'Self Service' app to manage the contents of their Trades Wallet. Directly from the app, Wallet holders can upload images of new Cards or certifications they would like to see included in their Wallet profile.
To begin the process of processing a new 'Card' submission:
- Navigate to the 'Submissions' page and select an entry from the list of results returned:
NOTE: For more information on how to 'Access Pending Submissions', click here.
- Select the relevant 'Card' submission from the list provided:
Step 1 - Review Card Images
- Within the submission you will be presented with 'Images' of the physical Card or Certificate being proposed:
- Select the (blue) 'Edit' button to view the image in greater detail, or to edit the way the image is displayed:
- Within the 'Photo Crop' window, you can zoom in and/or rotate for an optimal fit. To save the card, select the 'Crop & Save' button:
When uploading images via the Self Service app, the Tradesperson is in complete control of how much information they share with the Trades Wallet Community.Tradespeople may choose to 'Mask' (or redact) details that they deem sensitive or private during the submission process from the Self Service app.
While 'Masking' is intended to allow Tradespeople to hide sensitive details, there must be enough relevant information displayed for you to confirm the information presented on the Card (i.e. Issued/Expiry Date).
NOTE: For more information on 'Masked Details', click here.
- Upon review of the Card images, you now have three (3) options:
- Reject the Submission
- View Existing Wallet
- Fill In Card Details
If the images are unclear, or do not meet the requirements outlined by your organization, they should be 'Rejected'.
- Select the (red) 'Reject' button:
- This will result in a dialogue window to appear where you will be required to provide a brief justification pertaining to why the Card image is insufficient:
NOTE: This message will be presented to the Wallet holder from within their Self Service app. For more information on 'Rejected' submissions, click here.
(2) View Existing Wallet
If the images are sufficient, you may want to check the 'Existing Wallet' prior to updating the details of the submitted 'Card'.
Select the (green) 'View Existing Wallet' button.
Here, you can determine if the new 'Card' you are processing an approval for fulfills the credential requirements for an existing 'Training Request' that has been associated to the Wallet.
Select a relevant 'Training Request' entry to view the details.
From here, you can enter the 'Completed Date' and 'Archive' the record manually. Ensure you select the 'Update' button to apply the change to the 'Training Request'.
You should note that in doing so, the 'Training Request' will be removed from both the 'Training' section of the Self Service app and from the main listing within the Web Admin Portal, but will be accessible when viewing 'Archived' requests.
NOTE: It is not necessary to manually 'Archive' a 'Training Request' in this way. When filling in the details for the new card submission, the process of associating a 'Course' or a 'Card Mapping' will automatically archive a 'Training Request' that has been completed using the relevant 'Course' and 'Card Mapping'.
For more information about 'Training Requests', click here.
You can review the existing 'Cards' within the Wallet to validate whether if the submission you are precessing is intended to update the images relevant to an existing 'active' card within the Wallet OR if the submission is a renewal, intended to replace an expiring or expired card within the Wallet.
NOTE: Previously 'Archived Cards' will not be included in this view.
Archive Card Entry
The 'Archive' functionality is used as a means of maintaining expired or otherwise irrelevant Cards within a Trades Wallet for historical purposes, while removing them from the primary card display view of a Trades Wallet.
For more information on 'Archiving' a Card, click here.
Update with Submission Images:
If the Card or certification you are processing contains an image, or set of images, that are relevant to an existing card within the Wallet, you can update the existing card with images contained within the submission.
For more information on 'Updating Card Image(s)', click here.
Step 3 - Fill In Card Details
- If the Card images are sufficient to create a new card entry, select the (blue) 'Fill In Card Details' button:
- You will be presented with a 'Fill In Card Details' window where you will use the images on the left to populate the relevant Card Details within the form on the right:
NOTE: You can switch between the Card images by selecting the 'Front' and 'Back' buttons accordingly.
- Begin to populate the details of the 'Card' using the fields on the right.
If your Union or organization has established 'Courses' within Trades Wallet, enter the name of the relevant 'Course' within the field provided. As you type, Trades Wallet will search within the system for all potential matches:
- Select the 'Course' from the list provided.
By adding a 'Course' to the card, the relevant 'Card Mapping' will automatically be associated, and the 'Title' will be pre-populated with the Course name:
NOTE: You can edit/remove the pre-populated fields as needed.
Why associate a Course to a Card?
By associating a 'Course' to the relevant 'Card' entry you can ensure (2) things:Training Requests - If the 'Card' you are approving fulfils the certification requirements associated with an existing 'Training Request' that has been created for the Wallet, that request will automatically be 'Archived'. The 'Completed Date' of the request will be recorded as the date the certification was 'Issued'.
Renew Certifications - by associating a 'Course' the 'Card' you are providing the Wallet holder with the relevant 'Course' that is required to renew the certification once expired. Any upcoming 'Classes' that have been defined for the relevant course will be displayed to the Wallet holder to review, and potentially 'Sign Up' for directly from their Self Service app.
For more information about 'Courses', click here.
- If you associated a 'Course' above, the 'Card Mapping' field will be pre-populated with the mapping that has been previously associated to the 'Course'.
You can remove the mapping by selecting the 'X':
To add a new 'Card Mapping' to the card, enter the name of the relevant 'Card Mapping' within the field provided. As you type, Trades Wallet will search within the system for all potential matches from you to choose from:
NOTE: For more information about 'Card Mappings', click here.
- If you associated a 'Course' above, the 'Title' field will be pre-populated with the name of the Course, OR, if the 'Course' has been tied to a 'Card Mapping' the mapping name will be listed instead.
You can edit the 'Title' as required:
- Next you have the option to fill in the 'Card Number' associated with the certification:
- Next is the 'Issued' and 'Expires' dates:
If these dates were entered by the Tradesperson during the submission process, the dates will be pre-populated within the details form.
NOTE: It is imperative that an administrator verify the dates entered against the dates listed on the image of the physical card or certification this entry is based on.
If the dates were not entered by the Tradesperson, you will need to use the calendar control to manually update the relevant dates:
- Finally, use the 'Comments' field to enter any relevant details you feel are pertinent to the certification you are about to add to the Trades Wallet:
- Select the (blue) 'Create' button to complete the entry of the card to the Trades Wallet. This card will be immediately available within the 'Cards' tab of the Wallet, and will be displayed to any admins scanning the Wallet via the Field Scanner app:
- You will be returned to the Submissions listing for the relevant member: