This document covers the following topics:
- How does Trades Wallet work?
- The Trades Wallet System
- Web Admin Portal
- Self Service App
- Field Scanner App
How does Trades Wallet work?
Think of Trades Wallet as a secure online repository filled with an organizations membership information. Within this repository, the credentials for an entire workforce is catalogued into individual 'Wallets', unique to each member or employee.
Each 'virtual Wallet' contains the cards and certifications a member or employee has earned and would be required to present to potential employers.
The Trades Wallet System
Trades Wallet is comprised of a robust Web Admin Portal, used by office admins to manage the day-to-day operations within Trades Wallet.
Trades Wallet also includes two companion mobile apps - one designed with the Wallet holder in mind, the other intended as a means of viewing the credentials within a Trades Wallet while out in the field.
Web Admin Portal (Office Admins)
Unions and organizations can utilize the functionality of the Trades Wallet Web Admin Portal to ensure their workforce is trained and qualified for the jobs their employees are being dispatched to.
The portal (www.tradeswallet.com) is designated for use by office administrators, responsible for managing the day to day operations of Trades Wallet for their organization. Within the Web Admin Portal, an admin can:
- Search for Wallets
- Create NEW Wallets (Enterprise only)
- View Card details
- Pre-Qualify Employees for dispatch to a job site
- Manage Skills Evaluations
For more information on the Trades Wallet Web Application and its functionality, click HERE.
Self Service App (Wallet Holders)
Your Wallet holders can utilize the mobile 'Self Service' application to ensure their credentials are current and complete. The 'Self Service' app is FREE to download to and works on both iOS and Android devices.
Using the app, directly from their Smartphone, a member/employee can:
- Present their personal 'QR Code' to be scanned;
- Review the current 'Card(s)' within their Wallet;
- Submit new 'Card(s)' for review;
- Receive notification(s) when a 'Card' within their Wallet is approaching expiry;
- Sign Up/Register for 'Courses' on offer by your organization.
For more information on the Self-Service Application, click HERE.
Field Scanner Application (Worksite Admins)
The best way to review a Wallet holders various safety credentials and certifications from within a Trades Wallet, while out in the field, is with the Trades Wallet 'Field Scanner' app.
Also FREE to download, this app has been designed specifically to provide admins a means with which to view the contents of a relevant Trades Wallet while out in the field.
Once signed in to the 'Field Scanner' app, admins will be able to complete the following actions:
- Review the current 'Card(s)' within the Wallet;
- View and/or provide “verification of authenticity” for the 'Card(s)';
- Review, or add a new 'Skill Evaluation';
- Link multiple Trades Wallets.
For more information on the Field Scanner Application, click HERE.