This document covers the following topics
- What is a ‘Wallet Upload’
- Create Wallets via ‘Wallet Upload’
- Validation Error Handling
- Matching Records
- Creation Error Handling
What is a ‘Wallet Upload’
Creating Wallets on behalf of your workforce is easier than ever before! Utilize the “Wallet Upload” feature found on your "Org Tab" to create new Wallets in "bulk" via spreadsheet upload.
Alternatively, you can create an individual Wallet manually using the "New Wallet" button. For more information on manual Wallets, click here.
Create Wallets via ‘Wallet Upload’
- Select the ‘Settings’ tab from within the primary navigation bar.
- Select the ‘Org’ tab from within the secondary navigation bar.
- Scroll down the Org Details page until you reach the subsection entitled: ‘Wallet Upload’
- Select the (green) ‘Download List Template’ button. This will result in an excel file being delivered to your ‘Downloads Folder’.
- Populate the file, to provide the: ID Number, First Name, Last Name, and Email Address of the Trades Wallets you wish to create. Note: ID Number, First Name, Last Name are all required however Email Address is optional
- Save the file.
- Back within the Admin Portal, select the blue ‘Upload List’ button. This will present you with a file dialogue which you can use to select the saved file.
- Trades Wallet will review the list for accuracy and will identify any issues found so you can adjust accordingly. For more on this click here.
- Select the green ‘Create Wallets’ button to initiate the Wallet Creation Process. Note: Depending on the number of wallets this process can take quite some time.
- Wait for the process to complete. Once the process is complete click close.
- You may now search for your new Wallets in Trades Wallet
Validation Error Handling
Once you have uploaded your file of new Wallets for creation, Trades Wallet will validate the information in the file. The information in the file must meet the following criteria:
- Public ID
- Maximum of 50 characters
- First Name
- Maximum of 100 characters
- Last Name
- Maximum of 100 characters
- Email Address
- Maximum of 254 characters
- Must be a valid email address
After validation Trades Wallet will display the rows that are invalid. You will have to correct these errors in your file then upload your file again.
After your file has been validated Trades Wallet will check for existing Wallets that match one or more of the following criteria:
- Name Matches – First and last name of the new Wallet match an existing Wallet.
- ID Matches – The public ID of the new Wallet matches an existing Wallet.
- Name & ID Matches – First name, last name and public ID all match the same existing Wallet.
- Email Matches – The email address of the new Wallet matches the email address of an existing Wallet
Trades Wallet will not prevent you from creating new wallets that match existing Trades Wallets. However, you will be presented a list of the new Wallets that match existing Wallets. Should you wish to avoid creating duplicate wallets you can simply remove the duplicate records from the list.
Creation Error Handling
Once your file has been validated and checked for duplicate records it is unlikely there will be an error while creating your new Trades Wallets. However, should an error happen during the Wallet Creation process you will be given the opportunity to download a file of the Wallets that were not successfully created.
Depending on the size of the file you may choose to simply upload it again or manually create the one or two records that could not be uploaded.