This document covers the following topics:
'Screen Overlay Detected' Error
If you are presented a 'Screen overlay detected' error (see example image below) when trying to log into your Trades Wallet Self Service app on your Android device, this is a result of a conflict between a running app and a newly installed app requesting permission to display info on multiple screens (e.g., messengers, alerts, battery status, etc.)
Turn OFF display overlays on your Android device
- From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings.
NOTE: If you're unable to access settings, first place your device into Safe Mode.
- Tap the Search icon (at the top), then enter over other apps into the search field.
- Tap one of the following:
- Draw over other apps
- Display over other apps
- Tap any app on the list, then tap one of the following to turn off :
- Allow display over other apps
- Permit drawing over other apps
- From a Home screen, relaunch the Trades Wallet Self Service app
- If prompted, tap the available permissions (e.g., Permit Drawing over other apps, Contacts, etc.) to turn on or off.
NOTE: Repeat steps (4-6) as needed to identify the app causing the error
You can view a short video on closing bubbles and overlays HERE.
Article is closed for comments.